PDA

View Full Version : Help-Pooping in the bath

lfp2n
11-01-2004, 01:24 PM
We got a Graco potty a couple of months ago and DD was very interested in it, but I couldn't stop her playing with it rather than sitting on it so I put it away.
In the meantime she has been talking about pooing and weeing nonstop, so last week I got it out again and we've been sitting on it in the evening, the first night she peed, second night she pooped and then again third night all to much clapping and adulation, last few nights she sits and tries, and I'm not concerned whether anything happens but she obviously has the right idea about it all.
Big downside is that the last 2 baths she's had she pooped in the bath- aaahh-I mean she hasn't done this ever through hundreds of baths as an infant, I know it must have something to do with her new awareness and control of pooping, but I'm not sure what to do. Catching poop in the bath gets old very quick, should I make a big deal, no deal, take away the potty and stop talking poop, I can't really stop bathing her! Any ideas on how to react.

Lucy DD 3/03

mom2kandj
11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
How about switching to showering for now? It is quick and much easier to clean than the tub after poopies. You will have to take a shower too, but it will probably nip it in the bud if your DD really *likes* taking her bath in the tub! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02