PDA

View Full Version : Which potty is best for girls? Or does it matter?

Ti Lung
11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi All:

DD is just 18 months and has exhibited some signs of readiness for potty training: predictable bowel movements; ability to squat/sit; and signaling when pooping. I have therefore come to the conclusion that potty training is in order (yuck).

Big question is: Which brand(s) of potty seats is/are best for toddler girls? Or does sex matter? I never read Toddler Bargains so I apologize for not knowing anything about potty seats. But I figure personal experience from you moms&dads is probably best anyway. Any advice/tip about which brand(s) to consider would be greatly appreciated.

I think we all deserve a big hug and a kiss for putting up with yet another level of poops and pees...

TIA!
T.L.

egoldber
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
We had two, the Bjorn potty (with the removable "cup") and also the Graco soft seated potty (not sure what its "real" name is). DD much preferred the Graco potty. It has a soft seat and it was more comfortable for her to sit on for longer periods of time when she was first learning.

After they start using the regular toilet, you can use the soft seat as an insert for the toilet. We used that feature extensively for awhile.

HTH,

wendmatt
11-13-2004, 02:41 AM
We have the same Graco one as Beth, the comfy seat which moves to the big toilet is great. Good luck!