PDA

View Full Version : DH was right about potty training

AngelaS
11-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Gabrielle WAS ready! Yesterday she turned 2 adn a half and we celebrated by potty training. Considering she'd never gone in the potty before, this was a bold step! We started our morning w/a big glass of juice, some practice runs to the potty and was rewarded w/a puddle on the kitchen floor. A short while later, she yelled 'poopy!' and made a puddle on the bathroom floor.

A bit later, she sat on the potty and eeked out a few tinkles. I happy danced and gave her two Skittles. She put one in her mouth, held one in her hand and ran back to the potty. She eeked out a few more dribbles and got MORE Skittles. I think she did that about 4 times in 30 minutes! I was rolling!! :D

After about 10 am., she peed during her nap in her diaper and the whole rest of the time was dry!!

By supper time she kept going in to sit on the potty there w/out success and finally hollered "i poopy!!" (which is what she yells when she pees too) and low and behold... POOP! There was great rejoicing!! Hopefully today goes as well! I'm washing her Nemo panties for her to wear today as motivation! :D

I'm praying HARD that today goes as well! It's much harder to deal w/toddler poop when you're also dealing w/newborn poop!! :D

houseof3boys
11-12-2004, 08:38 AM
It all sounds very exciting!!!!!

I hope it goes well and there are more skittles in Gabrielle's future. :)

wendmatt
11-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Congratulations, it's so exciting isn't it! I still get excited and give TONS of praise and she's been going for a couple of months!

egoldber
11-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Yeah! Wishing more Skittles Gabrielle's way!!! :)

brubeck
11-13-2004, 09:50 AM
So how did it go yesterday? We're all pulling for Gabrielle!

AngelaS
11-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Well we've been at it four days now and things are going VERY well! She went out for the first time today and wore panties to church and kept them dry. She came home and peed in thm. LOL She's also poopied in her panties the last two days so I need to catch her next time (I always know when she needs to go and have gotten sidetracked) so it goes IN the potty the first time....

So I've told dh...yes dear, you were right....and I was not. :D LOL