PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training today -um not going well

JulieL
12-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Ok, I started this morning, with naked bottom time.

We read the potty book that he knows by heart, we got the potty chair out that we've had for months now (which btw he likes to play with LOL). I promised chocolate if he peed/pooped in the potty.

Pee 1. was on the kitchen floor in front of me - with an reaction only after I said oh Anthony you peed on the floor, let's try the potty next time, His reaction "Mommy clean up." Thanks bud I was planning on it.

Pee 2. was in his room, he didn't tell me, (although I had been asking over and over again if he needed to pee) but was thoughtfully giving me support when I was cleaning mess #2 up.

He is begging all morning for his pants, I compromise and put on underwear.

After lunch he pees in underwear, asks me to change him.

I put diaper on him so he can nap, poops in it immediately.

He sat on the little potty 2x's and on the big potty 1 all w/no pee. Does this mean he's not ready or do I try again for the rest of the day. I don't want to be a mom who doesn't give her all, but then agian I don't want to have to put in all this effort all day for nothing. Any thoughts?

brubeck
12-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Do you think he KNOWS that the poop/pee is coming? Is he capable of holding it even for a few seconds so he can get to the potty? If not, then he's not ready for training.

If yes, has he ever peed/pooped on the potty? If not, you need to set something up so that he sits on the potty for awhile (perhaps he can watch a special video as long as he is sitting naked on his potty?) and when he produces make a big deal of it. Perhaps give him a smjall reward if you think it will motivate him. Perhaos once he figures out how happy you are he will be more interested in putting his eliminations where they are SUPPOSED to go.