PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's toddler ever go on a diaper strike?

LucyG
12-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I bought some Pampers First Steps (pull-on diapers) since I had a great coupon, and now DD, 21 months, doesn't want to wear a diaper anymore. If I try to put a diaper on her, she thrashes and screams, "No, pull" (her word for pull-up). She loves to sit on the potty, and is starting to get the idea of what it's for, but I don't think she's ready for actual potty training. I put one of the First Steps on her for kicks one day, and she evidently loves it. She likes to try to pull it up and down after she sits on the potty (just playing while I go myself). I have been wrestling her down and putting on diapers most of the time. Is letting her wear these pull-on things going to cause future PT problems? I had hoped to avoid pull-ups because of the potential for confusion it might cause her, but, oh well . . . Anyone BTDT on this particular subject?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

brubeck
12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Why not let her keep on using them? When she has to have a change, take her into the bathroom and sit her on the potty. Dump any poop in the toilet. Have her 'use' the potty and then flush the toilet and wash her hands before she puts on another pull-up. You could use flushable wipes if she is messy. Perhaps this will link the new 'diaper' to the potty.

kransden
12-13-2004, 04:30 PM
LOL! You have my child! DD loves pull-ups and doesn't want to be in diapers anymore. Luckily I am almost out of regular diapers and we are now potty training. I have to sneak the regular diapers on her now. By distracting her and putting her pants up over the diaper before she see it.

I don't think the pull-ups cause confusion in my dd. She thinks they are underwear and pulls them up and down for the potty. We are having a lot of success with them.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02