PDA

View Full Version : Leaking through at night

raynjen
01-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for a really super soaker diaper? Noelle is potty-trained during the day, but wears a diaper at night. She soaks through a diaper 3-4 times a week (soaking the bedding and herself). I moved her up a size to a #5 Pampers Premium but she still soaks through. I have tried reducing the amount of liquids she gets after 3pm (only offering liquids in a cup without a straw) but then she wakes up several times a night complaining that she is thirsty.

We are limited in what we can get over here, but I can look around (and maybe have grandma and grandpa ship something).

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

egoldber
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Have you tried size 6? My DD was wearing size 6 for about a year before she trained. Not because of size, but because she needed the extra absorbancy!

HTH,

trumansmom
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
DS has always had that problem as well. The only thing that has worked for us is Huggies Overnight diapers. We rarely have leaks with them.

I've also heard of people putting inserts or maxi pads inside a diaper for extra absorbency, but we've not tried that.

Good luck. Leaking is NO fun!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

jennifer-j
01-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Another idea is to put two diapers on. Put the second one right over the first. This worked very well for my neighbor.

raynjen
01-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I already moved her up to a size 5 for this reason! She is really a size 4 in terms of fit/weight! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Jen in Okinawa

raynjen
01-11-2005, 07:20 PM
I wish we had the Huggies Overnight diapers here. I might try and have my dad ship some...

I have heard about the maxi pad thing, but I was a little skeptical. I'll try that tonight as I have a few extra...

Thanks!

Jen in Okinawa

slknight
01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
DS is a super soaker. We tried the maxi pad thing. It seemed to work a bit better than just a regular diaper, but was kind of hit or miss. We started double-diapering him at night and it's working great. He's in Pampers size 5. We cloth diaper during the day, but since he's such a soaker, haven't even attempted it at night. HTH. Try two diapers!

raynjen
01-12-2005, 06:43 AM
I think I will! DH looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested it, so we went with a Maxi tonight. We'll see how that works. On the plus side she didn't notice the 'extra' bit to her diaper. One of my concerns it that she will object to two diapers (normally I wouldn't be that concerned, but she has been sooo emotional lately!)

Jen in Okinawa

daisy
01-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Another thing to try is changing her (while she's still asleep) before you go to bed. My husband thinks I'm nuts for risking disturbing him, but it's a lot nicer than waking up to a soaking wet child in the early a.m.

raynjen
01-24-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm sitting here feeling like a fool! How could I have NOT thought of that? My daughter is a really heavy sleeper (thus the not potty trained at night aspect) so I could easily change her diaper at night! Thanks!

Jen
Mom to Noelle who is reading!

R2sweetboys
02-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Late reply....sorry.:) A friend's little boy wet through at night all the time. What they did was use Huggie's overnights PLUS the rubber(or whatever it's really made of) underpants used for potty training over that. It worked really well. Maybe if you(or family) could find some "girly" ones, your daughter wouldn't mind them so much. Since it has been a while since your original post, how's it going now? Good luck!
~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

raynjen
02-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Well, I think that reducing the liquids is helping more than anything else... At first she was complaining about being thirsty, but I think that was a combination of having a cold and the heater finally coming on here at night. Now she seems to have adjusted to having less liquids at night (she basically gets as much as she wants, but I don't allow straws after 3pm so she no longer uses it as a comfort technique). We are keeping our fingers crossed at this point. We will be visiting the states in March, so I might buy a couple of big packs of Huggies overnights then...
Jen in Okinawa

westgre
02-01-2005, 09:12 AM
I hate to damper the idea of Huggies Overnites, but if your daughter is in a size 5 Pampers, she most likely will not fit in a size 5 Huggies. Huggies run about 1 size smaller. My daughter outgrew the size 5 Huggies and we have been battling waking up wet also. It's a shame those Overnites don't come in size 6!
I'm contemplating buying some hemp inserts to put in her diaper at night. I tried the double diapering and she was just as wet as before. I may also put a cover on at night. Other than that, I'm completely out of ideas.
Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

colleenfs
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Sorry to chime in so late, but I don't check over here too often.

Julia is also a super soaker at nighttime, and we have found a solution. Maxi pads don't work, but we have been very successful with Poise or Depends pads. I get the 2nd longest size and pop them in Julia's dipe at night. No leaks at all!

Hope this helps.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

raynjen
02-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Sounds like a really good idea - think I can get DH to buy them? I don't relish the thought of checking out of the store with THOSE in my basket =)!

Jen in Okinawa