PDA

View Full Version : how do you train a boy? - need potty or insert recommendations

Sharon
01-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I am so glad I rediscovered this site!! It helped me make all my purchases for the first 6 months and I have been cruising along since then. . . but then my baby turned into a TODDLER!!!!!

Okay, so DS is 22 mos and tells me when he poops and pees. He announces when he begins and finishes. The running commentary is cute except in public. So I went to buy him a potty and got the First Years 3-in-1 but his bottom and front didn't fit on the seat at the same time. And I can't figure out how to get a boy to pee sitting down without spraying everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

hjdong
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Good luck on the spraying everywhere. We spend a lot of time on "Point your penis down." I have heard from other moms that it helps to have them sit backwards (ie face facing the tank) but DS didn't like that, so it didn't really help.

DS likes the insert (we have the freedom, which I ordered on line - maybe from babystyle.com? - it has a built in step stool and handles on the top) and it has a small molded in pee guard (kind of like the bjorn) that helps in all but the most ferocious pee events.

HTH,

ayoja
02-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I have twins and we are currently in the process of potty training them. We have that same potty and I wish we had gotten a different kind. My boys kept taking the guard out of it. It had gotten where it was difficult to get it to stay in. Dh finally glued it in and that has helped the problem a bit. I usually have to keep reminding them to point it down.