PDA

View Full Version : Diapers for larger child?

cluelesswonder
02-07-2005, 03:15 PM
HI,

My DD is 34 months old, 39" tall (long waisted), 34 lbs, and is using diapers right now. (Approx the size of a 4-5 yo we've been told.) We're in a training hiatus since she had a bad public restroom scare with the automatic flushers and we're expecting kid #2.

I'm having trouble finding diapers to fit her properly without the diapers leaving red marks on her leg/hip/groin. Pamers sz 6 cruisers are too short (doesn't cover the front or back too well) and when we tighten the tabs as much as possible to keep the diaper on her, leaves terrible red pressure marks. Currently we're using the White Cloud sz 6 from Walmart, but we're not happy with the fit either.

Also, are there any diapers for night time that would fit her for later when we're back on the potty training track?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Karen
Elsa's mom (3/02) and "Hello Baby" (6/05)

egoldber
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Have you tried a pull-up style diaper? Those fit much larger kids and won't leave the red marks.

HTH,

cluelesswonder
02-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes, I've considered them - the ill-fated Rite Aid (Bear in the Big Blue House pictures) were supposed to be "training pants". The ones we've thought about using didn't seem that comfortable (after all she does need to sleep in them) and were a real pain to change - removing clothing completely sometimes including shoes due to tight pant legs/leggings. Not very convenient if you're out and about in dirty public restrooms. The other problem seemed to be the cost. None of the pull ups came in the larger "mega packs" or cases to save money. Even the size 6s are not sold in the larger packs!

My daughter did use a public toilet the other day. I'm hopeful that this ray of sunshine means she's ready to go back to using the toilet . . . (just in time for baby brother to be born!) :-)

Karen

jlcana
02-10-2005, 04:08 PM
My DS 1 is the exact same size as your DD. We use the Target "premium" brand diaper in the minty green package in size 6-just bought a package of 52 today for $12.69. We have tried every diaper around and these fit him the best. For nightime, we use Huggies regular diapers, they seem to hold a little more than the Target brand.

We are also in the middle of potty training and its driving me crazy! The best fit we've found is Pull Ups in size 3t-4t but I hate to pay the price! We tried Pampers Feel & Learn where you can feel the wetness, didn't faze DS at all. I just pull the sides apart instead of taking them all the way off.

I've even got DS 2 in the Target dipes since I used to spend about $100/month for both dipes and wipes. Good luck in your search!

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Andrew 9/28/04

cluelesswonder
02-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! We're down to the bottom of a bag so we'll try out the Target ones. We may even get back to the Huggies. When DD was first born, the Huggies were too narrow for her hips so we decided they were "boy biased". Maybe we'll try them again.

I hope your training will end successfully soon!

Karen
Elsa 3/02
Baby Boy 6/05

brandiscrapbook
02-19-2005, 10:46 AM
My DS is 40 inches and 38 lbs. He wears Huggies size 6 with no problems.