PDA

View Full Version : Oh, please...GOT TO SHOP TODAY: Which do you recommend?

akc
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi -

Edited to add...please, please! I've tried to be active here for years & could really use your advice. Thx!
--------
OK, we're going to try for a Dr. Phil-like Potty Party on Sunday, so I've got to shop TODAY (and overnight some). I need your help! Can you pls recommend:

1) WHICH PEE-ON-DEMAND DOLL? There is one that is only $20 by Little Mommy - looks like it has some issues, but it does have the baby only pee when ON the potty, which I like. The other one (Corelle something) is so expensive and the third one I found will just pee straight through - not good.

2) ELMO POTTY TRAINING KIT? Maeve is obsessed with Sesame Street. Does anyone recommend the Elmo doll in addition/in place of a pee-on-demand doll? I'm thinking I might get it TOO b/c he is her hero (he'll be calling the house after she successfully goes in the potty - you should hear my Elmo voice!), but I like that it really makes telling your mommy/someone that you NEED to go potty b/c that seems like a hard part.

3) WHICH STEP/STOOL? She sits on the regular potty now (thanks to all of you for the advice on this issue), so we're going to keep going with that. Do you have a stool you recommend, esp one that slides easily up to the base of a toilet and is stable?

4) ANYONE FIND A SEAT THAT ATTACHED TO THE REGULAR TOILET THAT WORKS? I like the idea of that b/c it's still special for her. I think I saw a brand called Flip-n-Flush or something like that? Anyone use them and recommend them (she'd love a pink or purple one). I also saw the Cushie Tooshie or something that has a ring on top that can hang. That's my main issue - I don't want the seat to get tossed on the floor when she's not using it on the potty.

5) ANYTHING ELSE YOU STRONGLY RECOMMEND?

Thanks, all!

Alexa

luvbeinmama
03-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Oooo, sorry I didn't see this until now.

1) Sorry, I didn't use one. So I have no idea where to start. Personally I'd go with the less expensive choice.

2) I say go for it. She may respond to it better than the other doll. But I'd get both, start with the on-demand doll and if it's not working, bring out Elmo.

3) I have a Baby Bjorn stool in our small bathroom and really like it.

4) I have a flip n flush (attached to the toilet between the lid & seat) type from OSA. If she'll use it, I would recommend it as it does NOT slide around. It actually attaches at the same place your regular toilet seat attaches (you have to unbolt your seat to install it). My experience is that my kids sat on it a few times and that was it. They love to sit on the regular toilet seat. I know it's too bit for them, but they balance just fine on it and prefer it. So... it was kind of a waste for me to get the smaller seats and I have one totally unused one that I never installed. I still have one installed, but I guess I should just take it off and sell it, too.

Good luck!

vikivoly
03-11-2005, 01:38 AM
We have the Little Mommy one. It's not the greatest baby doll I've ever seen, but it serves the purpose. You do have to get the doll "just right" on the potty in order for her to go and the bottles/sippy cup spill when you feed the doll. The doll has "latch issues". LOL We looked at the Elmo doll because DD has always been an Elmo girl at heart, but I wasn't about to buy 2 dolls. I thought it was more important for her to actually see something in the potty than just hear Elmo say he's going potty.

candybomiller
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I haven't seen you around in forever! How did the potty party go??