PDA

View Full Version : Still in crib...potty training?

jd11365
08-02-2005, 06:26 AM
So this morning...at the crack of freakin' dawn...I hear "Mommy, Potty!"

Well, I jumped out of bed, so excited you would have thought I'd won the lottery, put her on the potty...and she went!

Great. Well, then I realized it was still dark ouside...and she was now up. Double great.

So, this is a one time thing for now, but I'm going to have to face it sooner or later, and I'm looking for BTDT.

If she's in a crib, will she wake me up with the roosters every morning? I'm not ready to put her in a toddler bed because she LOVES her crib, doesn't fight sleep, and I know where she is in the morning, kwim? The thought of her roaming the house at 3 am is terrifying!

So, what happens in a crib/potty training situation?

TIA!

TraciG
08-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Interesting question, try not to give her anything to drink close to bedtime at least !

lfp2n
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
DH and I think since DD has been out of diapers at night we're sleeping really badly as we're on tenterhooks waiting for the call 'wanna go wee'. Sadly we all have seem to started getting up earlier too, DD usually wakes up and wants to go about 6.30am. I think before, she woke up, peed in the diaper, grumbled a bit, and went back to sleep til 7-7.30, now after seeing me in the bathroom she won't go back to sleep, or wants to come into our bed and kicks us and plays with the blind so we might as well be up. I've started to think that this will go on til she can get up and go on her own- a long way away as we're still in the crib.
One thing I have found that if she wakes up at 3 am or when its still dark, I put her on the potty in the bathroom without the light on, keep talking to a minimum or only whisper, and put her straight back to bed she will go back to sleep, seems like if its dark I can convince her its still night-time.

Good Luck

Lucy DD 3/03

jd11365
08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Um, did I read 3 am??? Do they have to pee at 3 am??? I'm thinking this whole potty training thing is overrated. I suppose I could just start buying her Depends when she outgrows dipes. ;) :P

Looks like a schedule readjustment is upon us... Just when I was getting used to this whole sleeping through the night thing. ;)

houseof3boys
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
LOL!!! We have started PT with Ryan but have still yet to attempt it at night for this very reason. He has us up with the roosters before 6 am lately. :)

Good luck with Kayla.