PDA

View Full Version : Potty Patty doll vs. Corolle Emma doll?

proggoddess
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi, all,

Thought I'd try in the correct forum first before Xposting to BBB. I'm trying to decide between Potty Training Concept's Potty Patty doll and Corolle's Emma doll. DD is 2 yrs old and we're going to try training her soon.

Both appear to wet on demand (vs. wet immediately) and both have appropriate clothing and can go in any potty. Patty is around $10 more expensive.

Does anyone have either doll? Pros and cons? Are they worth the money? I have an old wet-immediately doll that I had when I was a child, but I wonder if it would be as effective at training DD.

Thanks!

madelinesmom
05-11-2006, 10:34 PM
We bought the Corolle Doll and it didn't work for us She just kept trying to play with it... DD was 2 1/2 when we got serious and this is how we did it.

We got naked and every time she went in the potty we got to blow bubbles with the electric bubble blowers from target for 5 minutes. I had been trying many different things for probably a month before that but the bubble thing worked in about a week. Number 2 took about another week but we still did the bubble thing. We also did the potty dance when we went in the potty, and I mean everyone did it DD DH and me!!!

Good luck and I hope I'm not too late.
Jane
Madeline's Mom
1/20/03

proggoddess
05-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply! Yeah, we just can't see purchasing an expensive doll right now.

We're gearing up for "the big day" when I go on maternity leave after next week. We're going to try the old wet-immediately doll my mom used with me. (Strange how she saves all this stuff!) And we bought Techno gummi bears and I've rounded up the party noisemakers for celebration time.

Maybe I should come up with a victory dance, too!