PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the folding travel potty seat?

missmelis01
06-18-2006, 10:51 PM
On Amazon and Right Start, I saw a padded folding potty seat to take with you when you're out of the house. The product descriptions say the seats can fit in a diaper bag when folded and can accomodate commercial toilet seats, but the Amazon user reviews said otherwise.

Has anyone tried these seats, and if so, what has been your opinion?

TIA!

leslieu
06-25-2006, 04:09 AM
Are you talking about the Cushie Traveler folding potty seat?

link to potty seat:
http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product~item~3815~dept~bath+and+potty~cat~potty.ht ml

supercalifragilous
07-14-2006, 07:33 PM
We got the folding potty seat on clearance @ BRU. Honestly, even when it's folded, it's not very compact, making it cumbersome to carry. I had the nonpadded one too but that one was heavy. We ended up using the padded one at home when we started PTing b/c it folded up so we could put it away. We have a regular toiletseat (versus an elongated one) and it fit perfectly. I would agree that the "circumference" of the folding padded seat is smaller than the regular nonpadded folding one.

One caveat I'd warn you about using toilet topping potty seats:
DD has a little playfriend who will ONLY go on a potty with a fold-up seat. I didn't want to get in that position b/c I hated carrying it around. I figured DD is going to need to learn how to straddle the adult potty sooner or later and that's what we taught her and finally we stopped using all toilet toppers altogether, even in the house.

sstrader
07-15-2006, 09:37 AM
What do you think about transmitting the germs from the public toilet to your potty seat and then to your diaper bag? Any fears re: this?

I think the fold up seat is great - I don't own one but My cousin does for her little girl.

My 19 month old just straddles the big potty and then we wash hands real well.

Just wondering what you think about the germ thing?

supercalifragilous
07-19-2006, 12:51 PM
RE the germs, I'm totally with you there - did you know that Clorox wipes come in purse-size travel packs? I always keep one with me to wipe down public potties and tables/chairs if they're really icky and they come in SUPER handy. Got a 9-pack @ Sam's Club for really cheap.

That said, I wouldn't take the time to wipe down a portable pottyseat. That's a BIG inconvenience and I'm glad you brought that up b/c people don't usually think about that until AFTER they purchase a travel seat.

My DD just straddles the big potty too. I much prefer carrying the Clorox wipes purse pack around (since I can also use it for other things and it's much lighter and less bulky) plus it reinforces DD to do her handwashing and get into the habit of doing it.

mnosky1
07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
We have the fold up one with the handles but have hardly used it. I think it is important to use an insert and stool (or potty seat) especially for younger kids (under 3 maybe) and definitely for BMS. However, when we used it on vacation she kept saying "oh, it hurts my bum" and it did make red marks. The worst part of straddling the big potty is they have to hold on with their hands on the seat or sides which is pretty gross.

TraciG
08-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I just bought On The Go Potty. a lot of kids use it at the park we go to, it's a little plastic thing you sit on, it comes with liners but when they're used up you can just use a small bag then throw that away .