PDA

View Full Version : Help-Poop regression (longish)

Twoboos
12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
I have been a loooong time lurker on BBB and hope that you all can help.

My 3yr 1mo old started potty training in August and within a couple of months was doing very well. She has had constipation issues for a very long time, but with diet and miralax we are able to keep everything moving for the most part.

In mid-Oct she didn't poop for a week. We gave her an enema to clean her out. Then she didn't go for another week, and on the advice of a GI dr gave her exlax until she went on her own, which happened on Oct 29.

Since then she has not pooped on the potty. She will go small amounts in her panties all day long, sometimes up to 6 times a day. She knows it's coming as she runs under the table or in a corner. She will also go in her pullup at naptime. I am at my wits end, 5 weeks of this! I realize she has had a trauma and is probably scared to go. Although to confuse matters, in the bath about 2 weeks ago said she had to poop, DH put her on the potty and voila, poop with no problem! I thought we had turned the corner but not so.

I bought literally 30 pairs of panties and I toss them if they are super messy (I can only handle so much poop). I have tried being encouraging, telling her she will go when she's ready, how big girls poop on the potty not in their pants, bribing with m-n-m's, offering big prizes, telling her she will be wearing diapers again... nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts or advice?? Note that she continues to pee on the potty with no problem, which is why I am very hesitant to put her back into diapers/pullups full time. I know she'll just pee in there and am afraid it will be 100% regression.