PDA

View Full Version : My favorite sippy cups are First Years Tumble Mates because they save so much storage space in my cabinets.

Jennifer
10-17-2001, 12:15 AM
We have twins and I hate to do dishes, so we have quite a collection of sippy cups. My favorites by far are the First Years plastic tumblers without handles that you can stack and the spill proof lids that you just snap on. No valves and no spouts that won't align with the handles!

We've tried Playtex, Gerber, Maws, & Avent (which I do recommend for babies just learning to use sippy cups and for travel because you can use lids--but beware of all the parts!). We already had a good-sized collection of Avent bottles so it was easy just to buy the sippy tops to use with the bottles, rings & lids we already had. I don't recommend buying the Avent Magic Cups if you already have Avent bottles--they just take up more room.

Maws and the identical Tommy Tippee cups hold significant amounts of water in the wide base when they're upside down in the dishwasher. The Playtex and Gerber are fine, but they're more trouble with the valves and don't stack at all.

Locally, I can only buy big packages of tumblers with white plastic lids that aren't spill-proof. So, I've ordered several packages of the spill proof lids directly from First Years. (First Years also makes the Parent's Choice line of similar items at Wal-Mart.)

Just FYI, too, you can order additional silicone valves for the Avent sippy cups for $1 each directly from Avent. They have the bad habit of slipping unnoticed into the garbage disposal.

Just my $.02!

Jennifer

SDMom
05-17-2002, 10:22 AM
I agree totally! These cups and their generic counterparts from Wal-Mart are great. They are so easy to store and clean. I like the fact that they don't have any extra parts. The price is right, also!

laura_winckler
05-20-2002, 10:13 PM
I hope these continue to work for you. My friends and I have had terrible luck with these, although we have stubbornly continued to use them because we like the fact that they don't have a valve. I find that they leak, both from the spout and under the rim. I now have a collection of 10-15 cups with no lids because I throw them out as they start leaking. I have had to admit defeat and now use the Playtex cups and the disposable ones from First Years. One of my friends stood at the counter of Babies R Us and opened every package of cups and tried them until she found a package with no leaky lids!