PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE these!!!

Hooahmom
04-14-2002, 03:43 PM
I have recently found these "Take & Toss Spill-Proof Cups" from the First Years that are AWESOME! They are made of a similar plastic as the disposable "Gladware" types of containers that are out there. They are marked "From 9 Months" and I am using them with my 2 year old twins. I LOVE them. They are easier to clean than valved sippy cups, and when they do not get clean enough, I don't feel bad at all tossing them in the recycle bin/trash. They are translucent so you can see how much liquid is in them, and for being disposable, they are surprisingly sturdy. My only complaint is that they do not (yet?) make larger cups for the larger toddler appetite. The ones I have found are all 6-7 oz cups. These are great for travel, when your access to a sink or dishwasher is limited. They are awesome for outside or at the playground. Dropped in the mud? No worries! On a recent trip, a Dad & his daughter approached, and the Dad struck up conversation. We offered them both a cup of soda, and my father poured each of them soda from a can into disposable picnic cups. While the girl took the soda, it was clear to me she was struggling with the weight and size of the cup. I remembered my disposable sippy cup stash in the car. When I poured her soda into her own disposable sippy cup, the child beamed with satisfaction - a cup she could easily manage! I beamed too - I didn't have to worry about retrieving the cup, or replacing a cup given away.

Whoever thought of these disposable sippy cups earns a big round of applause from me - I love them & so do my kids!

Theresa, A.K.A. Hooahmom, proud Mom of extraordinary twins Lawson & Grace

pamela mom of 3
05-19-2002, 08:46 PM
I'm glad to hear they worked well for you, i think the idea is great but unfortunately my son just cracked the spouts open on them...i guess they are not good for a baby[16mths] who like to chew on the sippy spouts...i'm back to the playtex cups at least those he can't break open. :(

laura_winckler
05-20-2002, 10:10 PM
I've had great success with the disposable sippy cups as well. I used the First Years nondisposable cups for a while, but they leak horribly. I think that my son works on the valve with his front teeth. Now if they would just make them in a larger size . . .

KK
07-04-2002, 03:59 PM
My only problem with these cups are that they are too easy to open! More than once my toddler has lifted the top off and spilled the contents everywhere. Kristan

ktattar
11-19-2002, 07:29 PM
I have to agree that the semi-disposable sippy cups from The First Years are great! I have a 10-month old who was not too crazy about sippy cups. We tried many different ones. Someone told me to try these and my daughter took to it right away! In fact, she will now drink from all the sippy cups that I have bought. So, I will say that I think they are great "trainer" cups. However, they aren't exactly "spill-proof".

Connie1222
01-22-2003, 06:35 PM
>My only problem with these cups are that they are too easy
>to open! More than once my toddler has lifted the top off
>and spilled the contents everywhere. Kristan

Ditto here, I guess they're better for older kids.

Marina
03-03-2003, 12:48 AM
I love these too, but with a word of caution. A friend of mine has a 20 month old who got his tongue pinched in the spout when it developed a hairline crack. He bit the spout and got his tongue caught. I am now VERY careful to check the spouts thoroughly and I try to wash them by hand, so the heat of the dishwasher doesn't crack the spout prematurely. At the end of the day they are not going to last as long as other sippy cups, so chuck them as soon as they show signs of cracking.

mother3
07-10-2003, 01:14 PM
I found a better product called sprout spout.My kids love it.I even use it.It's great for on the go.No more spills in the car and no more cleaning sippy cups.Here is a link to their site.Your kids will love it,mine do.
http://www.sproutspout.com