PDA

View Full Version : Twin Toddlers in Hook-on Chairs?

DDplusTwinsMommy
08-24-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm getting tired of having 2 high chairs at the end of a booth/table. The waiters never know where to go because the end is blocked off! Also, they are 15 mos old and kinda big. DS weighs in at 30 lbs and DD at 27 lbs. They are also tall (but can't remember their measurements) and wearing 24mos sizes, if you can figure it out from that!! LOL!

Has anyone used the hook-on chairs over 35 lbs? Up to 40? I was looking at the Me Too Seat:

http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/highchairs_and_booster_seats/1641

and was wondering if it hits baby's back hard (or I guess they just learn to lean forward if it hurts!) or if it is padded in some way.

I was also thinking these seats would be good because DS (laughing) tilts the wood high chairs back and I've got to keep a foot on it at all times! Could he push these seats off the table? (I don't think so, but there may be one person...)

Any other suggestions?

TIA!! SUSAN

APG
08-25-2002, 08:59 PM
I have the me too seat. Its great. I swera by it and would recommend it to anyone. It is extremely sturdy. It hooks on with two vice-like fasterers. its great---get it

DDplusTwinsMommy
08-26-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks, I just might! SUSAN

Dorothea
01-06-2003, 10:07 PM
We have this chair
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QAUL/qid=1041904305/br=1-5/ref=br_lf_ba_5//002-4091049-8868868?v=glance&s=baby&n=547946

and we love it! We use it in our dining room, and have taken it all over the place to friends, and to St. Lucia. It doesn't fit on all tables (I doubt any of them are truly universal). It's great because it has the tray which protects at restaurants, and lessens the mess at home. It's reasonably compact as well.

D

Susan
01-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the information! We don't eat out lately - just ordering take-out!! :)

SUSAN

sweetbasil
01-07-2003, 05:53 PM
What a dilemma--- our little guy loves boosters now, but he's still so small, it tips when he's sitting in one at a booth with us. Hmmm. We have a "clip on chair" like you're describing, and know from personal experience that they don't work on all tables- my parents' kitchen table has a pretty big lip beneath the table-top, and it's just not maneuverable. Good luck :)