PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Kinderzeat on sale?

brubeck
09-04-2002, 07:01 PM
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! I want to get the Stokke Kinderzeat but I cannot believe that it costs $200. I have looked at every web site and shopping bot that I know and cannot find any place that has it for less than that. Does anyone know of a place that sells it for less? There weren't even any on E-Bay!!!

I do have a couple of E-coupons for places that would give me 10% off a purchase, but generally do these apply to the Kinderzeat? It seems like there may be a price-fixing conspiracy going on here (like with Britax and Medela stuff) and I have found that usually these coupons do not work with those brands.

My other thought is that this seat looks like something IKEA might make, although IKEA is much better priced on most things. Is there a similar product out there?

Any suggestions?

momathome
09-24-2002, 08:12 AM
Ikea does have a wonderful wooden toddler chair for only $20. It pulls right up to the table and is very good quality. There are no straps on this chair, so I think it is best suited for children over the age of 2, but is truly a nice chair and you can't beat the price! Good luck!
-Lauren

LAP3
11-05-2002, 05:28 PM
There is a 15% off coupon (coupon # 15374765) for Babycenter.com that works for the Stokke Kinderzeat, but they only offer it in the Natural or Red finishes. The coupon gets you $30 off, but then they will charge you a $6 "oversize charge" and for shipping. I've been looking for a better deal on it too, and so far this is the best one I can find.

Megieblue
11-14-2002, 01:49 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of our KinderZeat and I do have to tell you that if was by far the best baby purchase I made. WELL worth the price (unlike 99% of the plastic baby junk I bought - like the Peg Perego Primma Papa!).

Carolyn
11-23-2002, 06:02 PM
I work in a baby store that stocks the kinderzeats, and I get a lot of feedback on this item. I have never had a customer who has had a bad thing to say about this product. I have never had one returned, I have only heard great things. To keep in mind this seat holds 300lbs, it is used in our store as a computer chair and step-stool for the employees. The kinderzeat is very durable and useful, you will have it forever. $200 is very reasonable for the amount of years you will get from this product.

William
02-07-2003, 01:50 AM
I just got a One Step Ahead catalog today, and in it is an apparent knockoff of the Stokke seat, for half the price ($99.95).

Does anyone have any experience with this seat? Only comes in a wood finish but the price is pretty low.

momathome
02-07-2003, 02:42 PM
I was in the Right Start store a few days ago and saw the KinderSeat in red on sale for, I believe, 20% off. I still say check out IKEA. They now have three different toddler in a few different finishes which range in price from $25-$40.

Naomi
02-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Ordered it from One Step Ahead a few days ago. When it arrives, I'll report back on it. I do wish I could get it in a funky color, but I suppose if I wanted to I could always paint it! :)

One thing I noticed is that this knockoff comes with a belly bar (so you can use the seat with babies as young as 6 mos) and a cushion, neither of which come with the Kinderzeat.

juleswt
03-11-2003, 09:56 PM
From everyone's comments, sounds like the Kinderzeat is a great chair. I have a membership with Babycatalog.com and I just ordered one for $179 plus free shipping, and free tax since I live in CA. It's $199 without a membership. (You get 10% off everything for a year with a membership, which is $25. I've saved a lot of $$ on Britax carseats, safety gates, etc.)

Just wondering, would everyone recommend getting the chair pad? It seems pricy for $30, (or $27 with a babycatalog membership) and it since it's not water resistant, it would probably get filthy really quickly.

Lucille
05-01-2003, 11:50 AM
I was just in the right start, and thier Kinderzeats were 10% off until the end of May- There is a coupon on thier website for the seat that you bring into the store.

Megieblue
05-04-2003, 01:27 AM
I got 10% off at Right Start a year ago just by showing them my AAA card. I believe they always give a discount. I wonder if you could get 20% off with a AAA discount and the deal they're offering now. Worth mentioning when in the store.

August Mom
05-05-2003, 08:24 PM
The on-line code for 10% the Kinderzeat at rightstart.com is EKB24.

nohomama
05-07-2003, 03:09 PM
I love my KinderZeat and highly recommend it. It's well made, comes in funky colors, has an infinite life span, and in my opinion is worth the money. That said I do wish that the version sold in the North America was identical to the TrippTrapp sold by Stokke in Europe and elseshere. Lola would have been fine in the chair from about 7 months on, but it would have been nice to have the belly bar.

I have a friend who ordered the knock-off from One Step Ahead and the one she received had both safety and quality issues. The foot board slid back and forth no matter how much she tightened the screws and the seams of of the seat cushion blew out after only a day of use. One Step Ahead did eventually send a replacement foot board and new cushions but she continued to have problems and eventually returned the chair and bought a KinderZeat instead. Perhaps the chair she got was just a lemon but having seen the chair and knowing her experience I wouldn't recommend it. Our upstairs neighbors bought a different knock-off though (from the Natural Baby Catalog who, I believe, no longer sells them) and theirs has stood up to three very "active" children and is still going strong. I guess you just never know.

Another funky option is the Simo Viking Booster Seat.

http://www.mybabystroller.com/accessories/viking_high_chair.htm

Like the Stokke it can be used at a normal dining table, but it also has the advantage of having a tray so that it can be used like a traditional highchair as well.

2soon
05-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Any comments on your experience with the kinderzeat knock-off?

jules
07-16-2003, 04:14 PM
I got my Kinderzeat at babycatalog.com. They offer a 10% discount off $199 if you have a membership, free shipping, and no tax if you are not in their state. The membership is $25 and good for 1 year. If you have many other things to buy it's worth it. All their prices are already competitive before the discount. I've bought 2 carseats, the kinderzeat, and many other things there so I think the membership is well worth it.

drtombo
10-09-2003, 11:42 PM
so, what do you think of your euro highchair?

newbelly2002
10-13-2003, 02:49 PM
I have the cloth one they sell here in Europe for the Stokke chair. It DOES get dirty quickly. I wash it once a week, but sometimes even that doesn't seem enough. For an older baby I think it's okay without, but for a younger one (if you get the belly bar)I would recommend it. In fact, without the cushion, the baby can manage to get h/her legs up and around the crotch strap so that they are both on one side--or maybe it's just my little monkey.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

AmyE
12-31-2003, 11:54 PM
RUN! Don't walk! to Zany Brainy or Right Start to get your Kinderzeat now! They are going out of business and I just got my ds's wonderful Kinderzeat for $130.00!! You may be able to get it for even less now if there are any left!

Good luck! It's a wonderful chair and my son is a lot quieter (no more kicking the table because he has no where to put his feet!) at mealtimes now!

AmyE

Unicorn Dreams
03-10-2004, 01:35 PM
There's another Kinderzeat-lookalike called Flexi Chair that you can buy for about $95 on BabyBazaar.com. It looks similar to the Euro Chair from OneStepAhead, but Flexi Chair claims to support a weight up to 230 lbs which is more than the Euro Chair (150lbs). On the other hand, the Flexi Chair only has a 3 pt harness and no cushion. Both only come in the natural color. I have no first hand experience, and would welcome any opinions from someone who has.

JacksMommy
03-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I can't help you with the Flexi Chair (we have the Stokke chair and it's great) but you might want to consider posting your query as a new one instead of replying to this old thread - that's more likely to get you a response!

HTH<
Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02