PDA

View Full Version : IS there a sippy cup out there that really does not leak?

ablair
11-20-2002, 03:50 PM
I am having all sorts of sippy cup problems. I have had problems with both the 1rt Years cup recommended in TB and the Avent cups leaking out around where the top screws on. It is not consistent, so even if I test it first, sometimes it starts leaking later depending on how my 2 year old tilts it. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

emmiem
11-21-2002, 11:23 AM
I use the playtex non spill sippy cups and they never leak. If my daughter holds it upside down and shakes it hard, it will let a few drops out.

lola51
12-12-2002, 07:06 PM
I also use the Playtex non-spill sippy cups, and I've never had a problem. That's too bad about the 1st years cup recommended in TB - because I was thinking about getting it! IMO, A brand to stay away from is Gerber, they seem to leak terribly.

Dorothea
01-06-2003, 09:29 PM
FYI-We've been using the Gerber cups, and so far so good- no leakage. They were also easy to use for my daughter when she was starting on cups- easy to suck on and hold.

Michael
01-06-2003, 10:35 PM
We also found that the First Years cup leaked -- we are using the Playtex cups as well, and aside from the necessity for a valve (which we are always losing, pulverizing in the garbage disposal, etc), they're quite good. BTW, they do sell the valves separately.

We liked the Avent ones OK once they were assembled, but they were a real pain to assemble, disassemble, and clean due to the number of parts.

SylviaC
01-11-2003, 05:29 PM
I also like the Playtex cups. My avent ones are hit-and-miss sometimes with leaks, especially after longer wear on the sippy parts. Plus dh always manages to mangle a piece each week in the garbage disposal so that doesn't help.
hth,
Sylvia

Tondi G
01-17-2003, 07:12 PM
I use the Platex sippy's and we don't have a dishwasher..... UUGH! I find that the tops get a moldy buildup around the spout and there is nothing that can get in everywhere to clean them out.... YUCK.... I find myslef in there with Q-tips and sharp knives trying to get it all out!!!! Is there anything I can do???

Someone mentioned a bleach and water soak..... what a hassle every 2 weeks..... I even brought them all over to my moms once and ran them through the dishwasher but thats a drag too!!! Is there any cup that isn't molded like this where you can get in there to clean??? I bought some of those take and toss and they were good until my son chomped down on the spout and cracked it... plus they are a bit too small... he can drain them fast while out playing in the sun!!!! Thanks in advance!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

Connie1222
01-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Another vote for Playtex, they are GREAT! I was using the Avent (too many parts I could never get clean) and then the 1st Years Take & Toss, but they leaked like crazy & my son figured out how to take the top off.

sarsah
01-26-2003, 12:43 AM
I use both the Playtex & Gerber sippy cups and find that the Gerber cups leak a lot less than the Playtex ones do. The Playtex ones seem too do ok when they are new, but with more use, they seem to leak more.

Sarah....

Nina
02-07-2003, 04:07 PM
I also had problems with the 1st years cups and the Avent cups. So I tried the Gerber cups and they work great! However, I found that they can get moldy if they're not cleaned properly, so I check them regulary to make sure they're ok.

Nina

mother3
07-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Try this product called sprout spout.My kids love it.Never had a problem.I even use it at the gym or in the car.It's a universal spill proof cap.My kids don't even want to use sippy cups anymore.Here is a link.
http://www.sproutspout.com