PDA

View Full Version : Euro Highchair from One Step Ahead

Naomi
03-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I received the Euro Highchair (knockoff of the Stokke KinderZeat) today from One Step Ahead. I would not say I am overwhelmed by the quality of this chair. It looks great, but the cushion that comes with it is already damaged -- my daughter grabbed at it and one of the straps ripped off. Unimpressive. Also, the seat doesn't fit well into the grooves of the chair. I actually tried jamming some paper in the sides to see if I could make a tight fit, but no go. I might see if Kidcraft (the makers of the chair) will replace parts, but my inclination right now is to return the chair to One Step Ahead and order a Stokke instead.

Just thought I'd update, since I know some people here were interested in this chair.

William
03-09-2003, 01:11 AM
Naomi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the chair. I was very curious about it too. I'm sorry the chair isn't what we had hoped.

I guess it's the Stokke for us!

Naomi
03-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Well, today I called One Step Ahead and they have offered to replace the seatboard and the cushion free of charge. If the new seatboard fits properly, I'll stick with this chair -- it would save us a lot of money. If not, we'll give in and buy the Stokke.

Naomi
03-13-2003, 06:29 PM
I have no idea if anyone is still interested, but I said I'd update, here goes:

One Step Ahead agreed to replace the seatboard and cushion of the Euro Highchair. A box arrived today containing (a) a footboard, NOT a seatboard, and (b) a cushion -- with one of the straps ripped off exactly where the original one was damaged.

I am returning the whole kit and caboodle and have ordered a Stokke in raspberry.