PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Get 2 and 4 Yr Off The Bottle

Christina
06-19-2003, 11:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone would like to share their story on how they got their child off the bottle. I had the two year almost off the bottle and I was hoping it would have rubbed off on the older one. It backfired, the 2 year old was wondering why should I take a cup and the other still taking a bottle. They are going through the phase of milk in the bottle, and juices in the cup. Also, if you have a thumbsucker in the family how did you get them to stop. Our two year goes at her thumb like know ones business. :'(

LeeAnn
06-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I thought we would have a real struggle with ours, but shortly after my daughter's 2nd birthday, I boxed up all the bottles and told her they were gone. I think she cried for about 10 seconds and then was quite happy with a sippy cup. I think they key was just having them out of sight. I opened up the cabinet where they normally were kept and showed her that they were completely gone and she just accepted it. Good luck - hope it goes as smoothly with yours!

momof3littleguys
06-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Well, Just a thought but you could start telling them that in three more days the bottle fairy is comming. The bottle fairy comes at night and takes all the bottles away and leaves a wonderful surprise for each of them. The next day you say, 2 more days until the bottle fairy visits, one more day and then the bottle fairy comes. the bottle fairy comes for their bottles and gives them to other babies who need bottles and leaves a gift and new sippy cups.

Get rid of all the bottles and get them out of the house right away (in case you have a moment of weakness)...

It sounds corny but it worked with my friends twins who were stuck on pacifiers. They called her the buppie fairy.