PDA

View Full Version : Problems with fruits and veggies........

muskiesusan
11-11-2003, 09:43 PM
I am really starting to worry that Nick is going to have a life of poor eating habits! He has never liked fruits, and used to eat veggies, but that stopped at around 15 months or so. He loves meat, dairy and carbs. Every day I give him a plate of whatever we are eating, and he will eat what he likes and move on, if he doesn't like anything, he just doesn't eat. I have tried hiding the fruits/veggies, but he will literally suck off or pick out what he likes and discard the rest. If I puree it, he won't eat it. I have tried the dipping approach, but he just dips and sucks off the dip.

What should I do? I can't force him to eat, and like I said, it doesn't bother him to skip a meal. I feel like I am wasting so much food!

Thanks!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

mom2kandj
11-11-2003, 10:50 PM
I went out with a few friends last night and we are all having the same problems! The best and easiest tip (that we could all agree on) was to hide fruit and veggies in rolls, muffins, and pancakes! We are currently in pumpkin and zucchini muffin mode and both of those go over very well. One of the little ones went through a pancake phase and every thing got pureed and then added to her batter! Not the prettiest, but it works! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (34 months)
& Jack (18 months)

redhookmom
12-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Along the same idea I add pureed vegs to pasta sauces.

Jessica

brubeck
12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
I have had success with hummus spread in between crackers to make a sandwich. Also, Gerber makes veggie crackers that have a surprising amount of powdered veggies in them. Sure, it's not the best option, but it's better than nothing!