PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Evenflo Straw Cup

August Mom
05-02-2004, 09:17 PM
We tried the Evenflo Straw Cup (it has 3-D images on it). Anyway, it works fairly well, but I like the Playtex straw cups better. Mainly, I find it difficult to remove the upper portion of the straw so I am hesitant to serve anything but water in it in case I can't get it out to wash it. Just my thoughts.

brubeck
05-03-2004, 11:08 AM
We are using the Playtex straw cups but I don't like the way they drip all the time. Is the Evenflo one better for drips?

August Mom
05-03-2004, 06:12 PM
How are they dripping? If DS turns either brand of cup on its side, liquid comes out. If he shakes them, liquid comes out. I have not noticed any of the contents accumulating on the top around the straw, though, which sometimes happens with the ones from Playtex.

brubeck
05-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Well for example if the cup gets knocked over within 10 seconds it is dripping out the side. I can't tell you how many times I have found sideways cups in a puddle on the floor. And when you flip the cover off ususally the liquid spatters about.

We also use the Gerber straw cups with the lever and these slowly seep liquid up the straw if you leave it for 10 minutes or so.

Basically I'm looking for a straw cup that holds in liquid as well as a sippy.

Thatchermom
05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
We use the Munchkin Healthflow straw cups, and they do not leak. They do, however, make a loud "honking" noise after DS drinks a lot fast, I think it is just the air coming back into the cup. He loves that, and I think likes the cups better because they do that. Boys...

We bought ours at a liquidation store, but I think they carry them at Walmart. They also have a fourpack at Costco right now, but they have Spongebob Squarepants all over them. We use the regular "big kid" sippy cups, too, and they have been great. Tried EVERYTHING before we found those.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5341.jpg

caleymama
05-04-2004, 08:31 AM
We've have a Munchkin cup as well and it works great. It does make that "honking" noise - I thought it was just ours! DD loves it too. Ours came in a 4-pack from BJs (with other "big kid" cups). The regular cups I didn't like so much - I found that they leaked a lot out the side where the top screws on. The straw cup, however, is great.

JElaineB
05-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I love the Munchkin straw cup too. They are really easy to use and don't leak. I have one Evenflo straw cup and I find the straw too difficult to assemble/disassemble. I also tried a "Luv N Care Sports flip top sipper" from Wal-mart and couldn't stand that one. I brought it to the consignment store the next day.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

brubeck
05-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Based on the recommendation I got one of these (Dora). It works well and so far DD loves it! It'a very annoying to clean though, but it's better to clean the cup than all the spills on the carpet!

August Mom
05-18-2004, 06:45 PM
What's annoying about it to clean? I must say I'm intrigued with these myself.

brubeck
05-19-2004, 07:46 PM
The straw is in 2 parts. In order to properly clean it you have to take out both pieces. To put the pieces back in you also have to take off the snapping piece on top (that flips the straw down). If you try to rinse the cup without removing the straw the water sits in the straw and then flows out when you pick up the cup an hour later to use it again.

I used the Avent sippies for ages and I have to say that this is more annoying to clean than the Avents.