PDA

View Full Version : Great source for replacement straws!!!

nigele
05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Tom uses Playtex Straw cups and I have been going crazy since Playtex no longer makes replacement straws. Other board members have shared an online source for them but I thought they were too expensive since you get one long straw and two short straws in a pack for something like $2.69. Since I only use the long straws, I couldn't justify spending $2.69 for one straw! Well, last week I saw some Rubbermaid straw cups for adults in the grocery store and bought one to see if Tom would like it. He doesn't, but there was an order form inside the cup for replacement straws. The cost was only $1 for 20 straws! The straws are a little longer than the Playtex straws but can be easily cut to fit them. I wrote down the address before mailing my order form. If anybody is interested, I will be happy to post the order address here.

houseof3boys
05-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Cool, good to know Lisa. Thanks you bargain hunter you! :P

Momof3Labs
05-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Lisa, I have one of those order forms here but I don't know which straws work with the Playtex cups! Do you remember which Rubbermaid straw cup you bought?

Thanks!!

Andrea S
05-18-2004, 06:59 PM
I am interested in the address.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

zuzu
05-19-2004, 11:07 AM
I was just searching the archives for info on replacement straws, so I'd be interested in the order info too.
Thanks!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

COElizabeth
05-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Lisa,

I'm confused. How do you use only the long straw? You don't use the little one that curls up inside the cap? And I would like the order address. too! :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

nigele
05-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Here is the address to order replacement straws:

Sipp 'n Sport Straw Offer
P.O. Box 550
Applecreek, OH 44606

The cost is $1 for 20 straws.

I ordered replacement straws for the Rubbermaid Sipp 'n Sport 1.25 U.S. pint straw cup. I did have to cut them down about an inch to fit the Playtex straw cup but for that price, I didn't mind!

nigele
05-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Elizabeth,

I don't use only the long straw and I do use the little piece that curls up in the cap. Maybe I'm confused about what you get in the Playtex replacement pack. I thought it was one long straw and two short straws, but maybe it was one long straw and two of the curly pieces. I never seem to lose the curly pieces so I never thought about needing to replace those.

HTH!

egoldber
05-21-2004, 04:28 PM
You actually get two long straws and two of the matching shorter pieces. The WalMart Parents Choice straw sippy cup replacements will work in the Playtex cup. It isn't the best fit, but it does work.

HTH,