PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop using sippy cups?

jojo2324
06-11-2004, 09:24 PM
I use straw cups for water, and sippies for milk. I guess the better question is, is there a good time to stop? Do they become detrimental after a while? I just have all these sippy cups, and don't want to invest in 8+ straw cups...

kaitlinsmommy
06-11-2004, 10:51 PM
We mostly still use sippies but I am now going to change to just a regular cup when she's in her highchair. I highly recommend the Take n Toss straw cups. I got a pack after someone here posted and they really are good and haven't leaked. I keep a couple in the car for when we share a smoothie. Just an fyi since they are cheaper than other straw cups.

jlcana
06-13-2004, 03:51 PM
My DS is 27 months and we use a sippy cup(Playtex insulated) for keeping water in as we always have it available for him. Still using the sippy as he will pick up his water and put in on the floor or on the sofa and I'd rather it not spill . We're using the straw cup for milk because he only gets that when he's at the table eating or snacking. I should probably switch to a straw cup for water so I can teach him not to just leave it anywhere!

When we're eating out and get him a kids drink, a lot of chain restuarants(Chili's) give it in a plastic cup w/ cover and straw. DS usually wants to take it with us and you can always replace the straw in it. You can accumulate a few cups that way!

I haven't really thought of a time to stop yet-probably some time in the next 6 months or so. That's a great question for the ped as far as teeth and mouth development goes!

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Another boy EDD 9/20/04