PDA

View Full Version : DS eating like a truck driver - should I be worried?

JElaineB
06-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Ok, since coming home at 3:15 pm (it is now 5:30), DS has eaten for snack THREE (3) medium sized bananas, some goldfish type crackers and water. He is now eating dinner and has eaten an entire plum tomato, a whole bunch of bread (it was off a round loaf, so not sure how much), and some mac & cheese. He is is working the second plum tomato and more bread. The babysitter said he ate A LOT at lunch too. He had six mini pancakes for breakfast but that was all.

I guess I'm mostly blown away by the 3 bananas. He ate 2 bananas yesterday afternoon when DH was home with him. Now today he ate 3!! He kept asking for them and kept eating them! He'll probably never poop again, but I guess that is a separate issue. He is very good normally at telling us when he is done eating. So if he keeps wanting more food I am inclined to give it to him. He didn't eat much last week because he was sick. So I'm thinking he is just making up for last week.

Has your toddler ever eaten like this? I'm paranoid he's going to start overeating all the time and end up fat like DH and I! I am trying to be totally laid back about food so he doesn't end up with any food issues at all...which is why I'm not inclined to worry about this too much...but should I?

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

August Mom
06-26-2004, 06:10 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably going through a growth spurt. DS has never eaten 3 bananas, but a few weeks ago, he was eating like a maniac. I couldn't cut brisket (of all things) fast enough to satisfy him. And he ate half of a pretty large stack of pancakes. I thought to myself "who is this child?" But, now he's somewhat back to "normal."

August Mom
06-26-2004, 11:14 AM
LOL This morning, DS had 2 bananas. I was totally laughing, thinking about your post.

JElaineB
06-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your support! Jacob's eating a lot more normally so far today (only one banana so far). I think I just panicked at the three bananas!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02