PDA

View Full Version : Kinderseat vs. a Booster Seat?

urbanmom
07-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi,
My 2 yo is ready to leave his high chair behind--I'm torn between a booster seat and a Kinderseat chair. Does anyone have any advice on what has worked for their toddlers?
Thanks!

egoldber
07-21-2004, 03:44 PM
At 18 months, DD refused to use the high chair anymore. So we used a strap on booster (Safety 1st Fold N Go). Well, around age 2, she refused to use the booster anymore. She wanted to be in a big chair like mommy and daddy. She has done fine. For awhile she sat on her knees, but from about 2 1/2, she can sit upright in a regular chair with no issues.

So another option is to use nothing. :)

JacksMommy
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Well the Kinderzeat is much more expensive and a lot of people find that booster seats work fine. I tried booster seats first but DS hated them and they didn't seem to fit well on our chairs. Then we bought the Kinderzeat but by that time, DS had already gotten used to just kneeling on chairs and actually seems to prefer that. I will start #2 on the Kinderzeat much earlier - most kids seem to really love it, including all of DSs friends - he is just not that partial to it himself. I think it's because he likes to switch chairs a lot.

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/25/02

jbrandy
07-22-2004, 04:24 PM
We've used the kinderzeat with our son since he was 10 months old. He does very well at the table. We haven't had any problems using other boosters or highchairs at resturants or at friends houses. I'm definately glad we got the kinderzeat -- it's really easy to clean, looks just like a regular chair, takes up very little space, and DS sits great in it.

It probably will boil down to $ for you. But, I definately recommend the Kinderzeat.

Beth B
Mom to Evan
4-03

urbanmom
07-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Well, I just ordered the Kinderzeat--with the 20% off code at Hanna it was only $159 (plus $10 for s & h). DS is a menace on a chair (can't sit still) so I'm hoping the Kinderzeat works better (plus, I I assume it comes with the straps to avoid any bouncing around)!
Thanks for all of the input!

newbelly2002
07-27-2004, 06:04 PM
The other nice thing about the Kinderzeat is that most kiddos can crawl up into the chair on their own. I love the fact that Dante will occasionally crawl up into his chair and annouce: "breakfast" or "snacks!" Ours doesn't have straps, and do be aware that without the cushions it can get a little slippery. Dante was reaching for something on the side of the table, leaned too far, and fell, plunk, right on his derrierre. Gave us all a good scare, but we have since learned for the word AND concept for "middle" (as in, sit in the middle, please).

Have fun, it's one of the best baby pieces of baby equipment that we have bought.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

Momof3Labs
07-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Colin boycotted the high chair at 15 months old, so we moved him to a strap-on booster. It served its purpose, but I didn't like that it didn't pull up to our table completely (the table has a little skirt) so he HAD to use the tray. And Colin was ready to be at the table itself. So we bought a Kinderzeat - this thing is wonderful!! Colin climbs all over it, leans, whatever, and cannot tip it over. He loves sitting in it, and it is the perfect height to join us at the table. Expensive, yes, a necessity, no, but nice to have? Yes!