PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness for this forum!

MartiesMom2B
08-08-2004, 10:55 PM
I didn't even notice a toddler Meal Time forum. Thank heavens, because Feeding Baby in the Baby Bargains Section was not meeting our needs. Martie is super fussy about food lately. How is it that she can love cheese and only want cheese, now she'll want none of it. Thank goodness she's decided to like yogurt again. I need to learn not to stock up on foods.

Sonia http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character03.gif
Proud Mommy to Martie
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030406/3/4/3/+10/.png

alkagift
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
It seems to be truly bizarre that children can survive if they are primarily interested in how gravity affects their food and what happens when they smoosh round items like blueberries...

I've had to try to learn not to invest too much emotional energy in cooking, in addition to your ideas not to stock up on anything!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

August Mom
08-09-2004, 01:48 AM
LOL Yes. I learned that lesson when I bought string cheese at Sam's Club. :) I never thought I'd see the day when DS turned down a Honey Maid Graham Stick, but he did. You just never know. Hang in there. Cheese will be a favorite again someday.

brubeck
08-09-2004, 08:18 PM
The opposite can happen too! Andrew has turned his nose up at cheese for ages and won't eat anything in a cheese sauce, including mac 'n cheese. But yesterday I had slices of cheddar out for hot dogs on the BBQ and he started saying, "Cheese!" and grabbing for it. I couldn't believe it so I gave him a small bit and he ate it! He ate the little bit more I put on his tray too but then seemed uninterested.

Later last night I was making DH's Monday lunch and got out some cheese for his sandwich and it happened again. Andrew said, "Cheese!" and reached for some and then ate the small amount I gave him!

Incredible. :)

cinrein
08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
My child who has not knowingly eaten a vegetable for about 5 months now willingly ate cucumbers the other day!!! I know, not the most vitamin-packed veggie around, but it's progress. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003