PDA

View Full Version : hot dogs - what brand/kind

lisams
08-18-2004, 06:22 PM
We found out at a BBQ that DD loves hotdogs (it was the first time she had them). So are there any brands or kinds that are better that your toddler likes? And where do you get them?

Thanks!
Lisa

jubilee
08-19-2004, 03:49 AM
I buy Jennie-O Turkey Franks for DS. I had someone tell me they were healthier(?), so I buy them instead of beef. Just make sure you cook them throughly. I know it's gross, but when my oldest son was little, he ate hot dogs raw. But then they came out with serious problems with kids eating raw hot dogs- so then I started cooking them.

sntm
08-19-2004, 12:44 PM
We get some nitrate-free turkey ones from Whole Foods that are Jack-specific (DH tells me he prefers the taste of nitrates LOL) I wouldn't freak if he got some other kinds, but prefer to give him healthy stuff when I can.

They look a little odd but they taste good. Not exactly like regular hot dogs, but just as good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 14 months and counting

Mommie2MadLyn
08-26-2004, 07:09 PM
We always buy Boars Head beef hot dogs. I know they are not as "healthy" as the turkey dogs, but DD won't touch those! The Boars Head brand just seems to have more actual beef and less of the "questionable" stuff! LOL! But really we just think they taste the best.

candybomiller
08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
I know I'm late answering, but I'll answer anyway.

We will only eat Hebrew National hot dogs. I should say that Matt will only eat Hebrew National, as I am a veg. and his Dad couldn't care less.

KarenNYC
09-11-2004, 02:04 PM
we buy the Nathan's skinless hotdogs (beef) - they are very yummy but I've noticed Ryan is happy to eat any type of hot dog that comes his way - as well as Bologna and salami.