PDA

View Full Version : need ideas for crunchy foods.....

cchavez
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
diego is a very picky eater but he will eat any kind of cracker....so I am searching for crunchy food ideas so that hopefully he will eat and it will promote some self feeding which is does not do that often. Quesadillas and grilled cheese are hit or miss. He likes breaded fish fillets...maybe I should try fish stick? Which are the best/crunchieste? Chicken nuggets are not very high on his list either. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Hallie_D
08-19-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't eat a lot of fish sticks but when I've had a craving I think I actually found a brand that had "extra crispy" sticks. French fries/tater tots are also crisp on the outside, though not very healthy. How about raw veggies like red/green peppers? DS loves cucumber, too.

lisams
08-20-2004, 03:09 AM
DD really likes when I give her apple slices - I cut them very thin in little strips and she crunches away. She loves pretzel sticks as an occasional snack. And then there's veggy booty and fruit booty! She also likes whole wheat crackers with cream cheese spread on. But for main meals that's a toughy. Hope you find something that works!

Lisa

sadie427
08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
How about pita chips w/ hummus? They have good versions of both at Trader Joe's. Messy, but probably do-able.

brubeck
08-26-2004, 09:44 PM
You could do sandwiches made out of crackers or crispy toast. I sometimes spread hummus on these to make a good snack/meal.

If he's in an adventurous mood you could try doing puff pastry. Throw whatever you want in the middle and bake it until it's brown. It'll be messy but fun and crunchy!