PDA

View Full Version : Booster seats (non-portable)

sntm
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Jack no longer wants to sit in his highchair and currently wants to stand on one of the kitchen chairs to eat. :+ It's working but I spend the whole meal paranoid that he is going to step off the edge.

What's everyone's favorite booster seat, overall, not necessarily portable? Also, any advice on bowls/plates? We've always just put the food directly on the highchair tray.

ETA: And we would need one that would work right up against the table. I think his big objection is that he wants to eat at the table.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 14 months and counting

Hallie_D
08-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi Shannon,

We have what I think is the three-in-one booster by Safety First. I tried looking it up on the Babies-r-us website but couldn't find it--I'll look when I get home from work. It straps onto a chair quite snugly and allows the chair to be pushed right up to the table if you don't use the tray. DS loves eating at the table--he never liked his high chair even as a baby.

One thing he really enjoys doing is fastening the "seatbelt" by himself. He can't unbuckle it, so I don't have to worry about him climbing out of the seat once he is in.

We use regular plates and bowls on a big placemat (well, bread plates and small bowls, but regular stuff, not plastic).

We have tossed it in the back of the car and brought it to restaurants or friends' houses, but it isn't billed as portable.

HTH,

christic
08-24-2004, 05:14 PM
We've been really happy with the Cooshie Booster that's listed in Toddler Bargains. It doesn't have any kind of belt though if you need that to keep him from standing :). As for bowls we've used a set of plastic Gerber bowls for a while now but for plates just use saucers or salad plates from our regular dishes.

August Mom
08-25-2004, 06:59 PM
We like the Cooshie Booster too. DS's big objection to the high chair was being strapped in, so he likes the lack of straps with this booster. Another good option would be a Kinderzeat.

As far as plates, we have an ABC set from PBK that I really like, but any melamine plate would work.

Kimberly H
08-25-2004, 09:36 PM
We use the Fold 'N Go as our home booster and Mia likes it fine. She was never a high chair kid.

As for dinnerware, we appear to be in the minority by using plastic :) I bought bright summer melamine plates and bowls from Wal*Mart and CVS Drugs and she's just starting to use simple plastic cups from WM with no lids.

JElaineB
08-26-2004, 03:06 PM
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster and its works just fine pushed up to the table. DS eats from our regular (ceramic?) plates, though I sometimes still use regular or stick-on plastic bowls. I find the regular plates are heavier and less "launchable" than plastic, they tend to stay put!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Momof3Labs
08-31-2004, 10:01 PM
If you can stomach the price (get one from Hanna with the 20% off code), then the Kinderzeat is awesome!! We did a plastic portable booster when Colin went on his high chair strike, and eventually moved to the Kinderzeat. I love that it is so sturdy. He was playing tonight and throwing himself all directions, and that Kinderzeat didn't even wobble. It's by no means a necessity, but we consider it money well spent - now the high chair, that was a waste of money!!

sntm
09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
That's what I really want but trying to be economical.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 15 months and counting

mabuckles
09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
I just have to put in a vote for the Kinderzeat too. We bought ours form Hanna with the 20% off code. It is wonderful. It was expensive but money well spent. It is so useful and also looks nice. Now that she is older she can climb right in it all by herself and I don't worry about strapping her in. I like that she can be independent and get in and out by herself. I do have to push it in for her when she is ready to eat but when she is done she just pushs herself away from the table and gets down.

skadair
09-12-2004, 10:12 PM
another vote for Kinderzeat, but order quick from Hanna since I think the code ends this month. Keep in mind it will last forever....
we also use it as a step stool in our kitchen, though now DS knows to push it up to the counter if he sees something inviting. We got teak since cherry was so dark... natural is nice too.
I have the FP healthy care booster but DS does not like it. We use it for guests. He really sits pretty still in the Kinderzeat... even tries to buckle himself in!!

champion2b
09-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Does anybody know what the 20% coupon code is for Hanna? Please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!
Brenda

Momof3Labs
09-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Not off the top of my head, but it is always posted in the Baby Bargains Reality Layette forum. Not sure if the current one has expired, though.