PDA

View Full Version : Leak proof straw cup/equivalent

suribear
09-19-2004, 03:39 AM
I need to find a good straw cup for DD, as she takes one to kindergarten. The problem is, they seem to leak! Does anyone know of one that doesn't, at least most of the time?

It doesn't HAVE to be a straw cup, but I don't think it would be "cool" to take a sippy to KG ;)

Kris

Momof3Labs
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't think that there is any such thing, just because of the way that straws work. Do you need something that is 100% leak-proof, or just something that can be transported without leaking?

The Playtex flip-top ones rarely leak when the top is closed, so it is easily transported in a backpack. But when the top is open (to drink), it will leak if knocked over.

JElaineB
09-19-2004, 11:53 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Munchkin Healthflow brand straw cups. They do not leak even when the the straw is up and they get knocked over (which is often!) I mostly have the plain "Big Kid" straw cups but I think they might be discontinued, I saw them on clearance at Walmart a couple of weeks ago and I haven't seen them again. I have recently bought a couple of Munckin Big Kid Dora the Explorer insulated straw cups (they also have Sponge Bob Square Pants) and they are the same cup, just insulated and a little taller. I have seen them at Kmart and Target and they might be at Walmart too. I am using the insulated cups for DS's milk. We use the plain cups for water. I can't say enough good things about these cups. I have tried every straw cup including Playtex, Nuby (Luv N Care) and Evenflo and these ones are the best I have found, for ease of use and leak-proof-ness.

http://www.munchkininc.com/categoryA/2.asp?category_id=1&categoryA1_id=15

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

hjdong
09-19-2004, 12:45 PM
I got the SpongeBob ones at Costco - 4 for $12 or something like that. And I agree, they're great! The only place I've found replacement straws however is online, and, w/ shipping, it's about $9 for 4 straws.

Costco seems to have them every now and then. I will definately be getting more the next time they show up.

JElaineB
09-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I ordered the replacement straws online myself but I then saw them in person at Kmart, for $2.50 per 2-pack. I haven't seen the replacement straws at Walmart or Target though. I only replace them if he chews on them (over a period of time) and they get cracks in them. Luckily that hasn't been too often.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

suribear
09-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I meant I didn't want them to leak during transportation. The other day her banana got soggy (ugh) because it was in the same bag.

I will have to check out cups, if I can find them!! I did see some sponge bob cups, but I can't STAND sponge bob LOL so I didn't look at them. I do love Dora, though :)

Kris