PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using KinderZeat with a toddler <18 months?...

lctippins
10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
I just bought one for my DD, who just turned 16 months, and I was wondering whether there are any compelling reasons to wait until she's 18 months before using it.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Lisa - Mom to Kendall, 16 months

jbrandy
01-23-2005, 12:10 AM
We began using our Kinderzeat at 11 months. DS has done very well with it. I never even owned a traditional high chair. We used a Graco HOokon chair until we got the Kinderzeat. I would have to say that the Kinderzeat was one of the best investments we made!!! So...as long as your child can sit well on their own .... go for it!!!

Beth B
DS 4-4-03

AlisonGilmore
01-24-2005, 07:27 PM
where is the cheapest place to buy one? Or are they the same price everywhere...

jbrandy
01-26-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure where the cheapest place to buy one is right now. I've had mine for over a year. But...check places like Baby Universe, Baby age, etc... We bought ours for $199.00. There are many posts on the forum about the Kinderzeat -- you may want to start buy searching recent posts.

Beth

caleymama
01-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Our DD started using it at about 14 months. Prior to that we had been using a First Years 4-stage booster seat. She figured out how to pry the tray off with her toes while sitting in it so I quickly needed an alternative. Unfortunately we couldn't just push the seat up to the table because our table has a large lip on the underside. The Kinderzeat was a great solution and she began using it at that age no problem and is still using it today.

Vajrastorm
06-10-2005, 12:22 PM
We started using our KZ at 11 months.

I think as long as you supervise, the KZ will be fine. It isn't secure like a highchair, and my guess is the 18 months limit is about protecting the company from stupid parents.