PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as heavyweight toddler dinnerware?

mamarazzo
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
DS (18 months) is finally getting to the point of keeping a dish on his tray long enough to eat the contents before tipping it over (I keep close watch so I can try to catch it before it hits the floor). I've ended up giving him our regular ceramic bowls most of the time since the heaviness keeps them from sliding easily and makes them harder to pick up, and he plays with them less. Sometimes I'll give him a suction-bottom bowl, which are OK, but he still slides them around and pulls them up repeatedly.

I'd like to find something less breakable than regular dishes, and I like the idea of plastic dishes with some weight to them, but haven't seen any - do they exist? I haven't tried kind with the non-skid bottom, so I might check those out too - do those work for anyone?

MR

Emmas Mom
10-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but Target carries a relatively new suction bowl by Nuby. It's called the "Forever Bowl" & they SAY it's indestructible. I have two of them & the do stick pretty well & are pretty thick. DD hasn't tried to hurl one across the room yet so I can't vouch for the indestructibility though I'm sure that will be put to the test at some point! ;)

mamarazzo
10-24-2004, 04:38 AM
I did get a Nuby suction bowl from Target not too long ago, which does seem a bit better than the others I've tried, so maybe it's the same one. The animal designs are cute, too. It sticks well at first, until he pries it up and slides it around, then it doesn't stick as well. So usually about halfway through a meal I go back to feeding right off the tray. But the way I see it, eating out of a bowl at all is progress at this point!

MR

mamarazzo
10-24-2004, 04:48 AM
It occurred to me today that such things DO exist--for pets. Lots of skid-resistant, weighted, durable dog and cat dishes are available. Hmmmm! ;-)

MR