PDA

View Full Version : Cici's Pizza

August Mom
06-07-2005, 07:41 PM
A Cici's Pizza just opened nearby and we checked out. DS gives it 2 thumbs way up. He liked the music, the buffet and especially the cinnamon rolls. He really didn't want to try it originally, but he had such a good time. We actually went back again and he had a similarly good experience.

For $3.99 (plus beverage), you get unlimited trips to the buffet, which includes salad, various kinds of pizza, and dessert (brownies, apple pizza and cinnamon rolls). Kids 3 and under eat free. I think there's a reduced price for older kids.

The only negative was that they didn't have milk either time we were there (although they acted like they were out rather than just not carrying it).

The pizza is decent - not great but not bad. It's good. Overall, it's a fun experience for a very good price.

I thought I'd pass that along in case you hadn't heard of it.

http://www.cicispizza.com/cicis/

zuzu
06-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I checked and we have several in our area, and one that is just a few miles away. It sounds like it would be worth a try. We'll bring milk just in case it's not available at ours.

We'll report whether Sarah gives it a thumbs up too - though I can't imagine her not liking a buffet of pizza and desserts! ;) BTW, are the salads decent?

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

August Mom
06-08-2005, 04:01 PM
The greens are good - choice of romaine or an iceberg, red cabbage mix. The toppings are rather limited, IMO. I can't remember them all - I know there was cheese, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts and carrots. Also, there were croutons and imitation bacon bits. I know there were a few others too that I'm not remembering. There were no cucumbers or bell peppers (2 of my favorites), so I remember their absence. There were lots of dressings.

There also are breadsticks covered with cheese that DS liked. I forgot to mention those.

zuzu
06-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Thanks! I do enjoy pizza, but wanted to make sure there were other decent options too.

I'm sure Sarah will love the cheesy breadsticks! :)

MMEand1
06-09-2005, 08:18 AM
The CiCi's Pizza near my mom's house has a Saturday Chef day or something like that. From what I remember (from over a year ago) the kids get to make their own pizza and get a little shirt or apron or something. Sounds fun if you have an older child (older than 4.5 months and 2.5 yo that cannot sit still longer than 30 seconds!).
Mariah P.

amp
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
We like it too!

zuzu
06-11-2005, 05:44 AM
We tried one of the ones near us last night since we were out that way running errands. Our prices were a little higher (still, $4.49 is a great deal!) but we all enjoyed it. Our salad bar seemed very well stocked, and they also had whole milk for the kids, so maybe the selection varies by location.

Thanks again for the recommendation!

emmiem
06-11-2005, 08:51 AM
We have one by our house and after three or four times, we don't go back. They never have milk at ours and the vegetarian pizza selections are very few. You always have to ask for them to make it and wait! I also find the dining room very very dirty. Maybe it is just our area but I find buffets attract some different people and the management doesn't hires just kids so the restaurant doesn't stay clean.

Sounds like you have a better Cici's than we do!
Michele