PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cups does your toddler use?

jadamom
06-17-2005, 09:25 PM
DD is 3 1/2 now and still uses a sippy or straw cup. I'm thinking we need to move to regular cups, but all we have are ceramic mugs and glassware. I thinking I'll need to get some plastic cups for her. When did your DC move to regular cups and what kind do they use?

MelissaTC
06-19-2005, 02:10 PM
We use these tumblers from Pottery Barn Kids.

http://a293.g.akamai.net/7/293/5910/0010/image1.styleinamerica.com/pkecimgs/images/products/200524/0004/img42m.jpg

We also have some cups from a set at Ikea. It was a set of 4 small cups that are a variety of colors - yellow, orange, blue and green. You can also get the small matching plates. They were dirt cheap and are a favorite of DS. I also have some small Tupperware tumblers that come with sippy lids. We don't use the lids, just the cups. DS has been drinking out of a cup consistently since 2.5.

lizamann
06-19-2005, 04:07 PM
DD is 25 months and has been using regular cups with meals for a long time. She still uses her sippy when we are out and about, and when she goes to bed.

We haven't gotten any plastic cups for her, so she uses our regular glass ones. She has dropped and broken 2 in the last several months, but they were cheap glasses anyway. I would never let her walk around with one because it's too dangerous. I am considering getting some plastic cups and dishes so she can help and learn to set the table.

My friend says it's very "Montessori" to use real glasses, but that's not my motivation. I've done it mostly out of laziness combined with the fact that she seems to be able to handle it.

jadamom
06-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Ooh! I like those tumblers from PBK. Also like the utensils, too! DD has trouble holding our current glassware and mugs. I think they're too big and heavy. Thanks for your input. :)

August Mom
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
DS mainly uses straw cups, but I try to have him use open cups at meals. We have some nice ones from Tupperware, actually. They don't hold a lot but are easy to hold. DS sometimes uses our glasses as well and does fine. A 3.5 year old should be able to handle it, I think.

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_number=P100 48897000

alkagift
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I guess we're cheap! We use take and toss cups without the lids for meals and snacks at home. We're still using straw cups when on the road for snacks (at the playground, etc). He's been doing the cup thing at meals since 18 months or so, and he's basically fine at it now, no spills. Nice milk mustache, though!

We are going to move to "regular" glasses for him, as soon as I find something. I like the PBK ones too!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!