PDA

View Full Version : Fish sticks, anyone?

cmo
07-31-2005, 01:02 PM
DD really enjoyed some fish sticks on a recent visit to Grandma's, much to everyone's surprise! In the never-ending quest to get sufficient protein in her diet, I thought I'd try to get some at home. When I went to the grocery store, I was quite surprised at the large number of choices in the fish stick department!

Does anyone have any favorites they'd like to share?

Thanks,
Chris

houseof3boys
07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
I like the Ian's ones for kids! They don't have a lot of the added junk that the other more commercial ones do. They have them at Whole Foods but I have also seen them at Super Target and our regular grocery store.

I hope she continues to eat them. Ryan gave up on them after about 2 meals so I end up eating them more than he does and I like the Ian's brand better. :)

zuzu
08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Another vote for Ian's. These are the only ones we've ever tried, and Sarah really enjoys them.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

cmo
08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
It's unanimous! We will be trying some Ian's later this week. Their ingredient list definitely seems more wholesome than most.

Thanks!

netne
08-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Another vote for Ian's. I get them at Super Target. They also make chicken nuggets. I like them because they have half the fat/cholesterol as the other brands. Warning: the fish sticks give my DS pretty strong garlic breath, but we can deal with that to get some protein besides peanut butter in him.