PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat/High Chair...what to buy

ms_metis
09-20-2005, 10:21 PM
My son is 10 months and we have used the First Years Infant-to-Toddler Reclining Feeding Seat. So far it is working out. We need a booster or high chair for our childcare providers house.

What do you suggest?
1) Take our chair and buy a high chair. (When will he out grow the high chair anyway...)

2) Buy another booster chair that has a back and tray.

3) other?

I guess I need to buy the toddler bargains book...

Thanks

proggoddess
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
I haven't read the Toddler bargains book, but I do suggest you get another booster for your caregiver. It won't take up as much room in their house when not in use. My parents did fine with the Fisher Price healthy care booster. We take it from them for trips and outings. The back and tray can be removed to make it just a regular booster seat. And the height is adjustable to fit any combo of chair and table heights.

So far DD is 18 months and has not outgrown her high chair. My friend has a 2-1/2 year old who does not use the high chair anymore because she is "a big girl" and sits with the family at the table. But really she's only 3" taller and 7 lbs heavier than DD.

I like the high chair at home because the big tray keeps food off the floor (somewhat) and we can easily wheel her into the living room or computer room. I like the booster when we travel or go to a restaurant because then we can belt her in and she's not running around loose and unsupervised and we don't have to worry about broken restaurant high chairs. :)

Bearhut
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I would suggest buying another booster with a tray. We have the Fischer Price for travel and at my parent's house and DD loves it! At 16 months she would only use the booster and refused to sit in her high chair. We got her a kinderzeat for home, but she loves the booster.

Heather (Mom to Miracle DD)