PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant High Chair Question

Bearhut
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
We don't go out to eat very often and lately when we have they have offered us a booster seat for DC (she loves the booster seat). Does anyone know what the height/weight limits are on most restaurant high chairs? My child is about 38" tall and 34#. She can usually sit in a regular chair and only be a little too low. We have a Clean Diner and since we've never used it I'm thinking of selling it, but am not sure whether it will come in handy in the future. Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you so much.

momtoB
04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
If you've never used it then i would just sell it. I worried more about my ds when he was younger and more susceptible to germs and illnesses (he was also a preemie though which put him at higher risk than his full-term counerparts). My ds is about 38-1/2" tall now. He's got long legs and we have found that while he can still technically fit in a restaurant high chair, it's a little tough to get him in and out of them. He does OK on a regular seat. Those plastic boosters that sit on chairs are often too tippy. The highchairs would be nice though if they were just a bit bigger because they would keep him "contained" a little better. My ds can be a wiggly one, lol.

hth!
Cheryl
ds-4/21/03