PDA

View Full Version : Car and booster seats

Laura Hamann
09-07-2001, 11:26 AM
I can't say enough about my Britax Roundabout car seat. It was worth every penny! Unfortunately, we recently had to purchase another seat because our son's head was well over the top of the seat. We wanted the Britax Super Elite booster, but found out we are having twins. The Super Elite is too big to fit in the back seat of a Ford Explorer with two other seats, so we searched for another seat that had to fit a certain measurement. I was much harder than I thought finding a five-point harness seat that could later be converted to a shoulder belt booster AND meet our size requirements. (Our son is not yet 40 pounds, so he still needs a five-point harness.) We finally found one that perfectly fit our needs...the Grow With Me car/booster seat by Fisher Price. Unfortunately, these are hard to find now that FP has quit making seats. It's a great seat, though and the back adjusts as your child grows. One downside: It is hard to put together! (Unlike our Roundabout, which we took right out of the box and it was ready to go!)

They still have plenty at Babies R Us in the Dallas, Texas area. I also saw plenty at K's Merchandise in Davenport, Iowa. I purchased mine online at DMart.com. All prices are the same. $99. Good luck!

Laura

twinsmom
09-20-2001, 12:00 PM
Laura
I was happy to read your booster seat dilemma. I have a 2 year old son. He is getting very tall 36". I also have the Roundabout and LOVE it. But we found out that we are having twins in December. I have a Volvo Wagon and I never thought that the Britax booster seats might not fit with the 2 infant seats. Have you looked at the new booster seats from Britax? What was your experience? I just got 2 Graco Snugride Infant Seats and they are still in the boxes. I am wondering what to do...
Thanks