PDA

View Full Version : Britax Super Elite info for 40lb 2 1/2 year old...

tinanh
03-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Hi! I've reviewed many of the messages here & am hoping Toby et al can help.

My son is 2 1/2 years old and just hit 40 lbs. He's just maxed the convertible seat in my car (99 Toyota Foreunner), but I think he's too young to be in the standard, seat-belt type booster.

We've been on several waitlists for the Britax Super Elite, but nothing yet. I'm getting close to the point where I can't put it off much longer.

Are there models out there comparable to the Super Elite? Right now, my son can get his arms out of the 5 point straps, but doesn't have the strength/dexterity to actually undo the harness. I'm afraid he'd be able to get right out of a normal seatbelt booster.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

tobymc
03-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Recently, several stores turned up with some Fisher Price Futura seats, which harness to 60 pounds. etoys.com has the overhead bar model, and dmart has the 5 pt. model. Those would also take your son until age 4 or more, when he should fit into a standard belt positioning booster better.

You can also stop by the PP carseat board (http://boards2.parentsplace.com/cgi-bin/boards/carseats) and see if anyone knows where to find a SE, or of some new waiting lists. It seems like a new spot is posted every day or two. They are definitely getting more available.

You could also consider the Britax Laptop, but it doesn't have any side support for sleeping. I supposed you could get one of those head support thing like one step ahead has, but it would probably be better to get the SE or Futura.

Toby

tinanh
03-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Thanks Toby - I've just posted a msg on that carseat board, and will check out the Futura. :)