PDA

View Full Version : One more question...

hollymamma
04-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know why the Britax Super Elite is made so heavy? It won't be an issue for me because we don't move our car seats from car to car, but it's about 10 pounds heavier than the Roundabout. Is it because of the 5-point harness system needing to support a heavier child? Just a thought....

Thanks - Holly

tobymc
04-19-2002, 10:36 AM
As you may know, the Super Elite is a simplified version of the Traveller Plus, which is a special needs seat. The TP accomodates children 20 to 105 pounds. So it is really meant to hold BIG kids, not just our 5 year olds who aren't quite ready for the bpb seats. As such, I guess they thought that it needed a very strong shell.

In the coming years, I'm sure we'll see many more options for harnessing children past 40 pounds. Few will be as massive, I bet, as new needs and new technology merge into products that will work well and will be easier to use. But they aren't here yet. So for now, we just get to be grateful that they made a version of the TP that works for many of us, and doesn't cost $450!

hollymamma
04-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks so much for the explanation!

~Holly