PDA

View Full Version : car seat for 3 year old

Jennie T-L
05-26-2002, 06:00 PM
I have a soon to be 4 year old (in Septmeber) who weighs in at a whopping 29 pounds. She is about 37 inches tall. We have her in the Britax Roundabout right now. The delimma is her brother....to be one in June, and needing a new seat. I thought I might just put him in her round about and buy a booster for her (after reading all the postings, I am thinking about the Cosco Summit, Komfort Kruiser, or Century Next Step). I'm guessing she won't hit 40 lbs soon, would it be best to just get the Britax Expressway for her, and give BB the Roundabout? I haven't read anything on these boards about the expressway. Thanks for any insight!

tobymc
06-05-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd definitely give the RA to the 1 year old. He can then stay rear facing for awhile.

For your daughter, I'd recommend a combo seat, like the Evenflo Apollo or Express. If you buy her the Britax Expressway or Freeway, or any other forward facing harnessed seat or convertible, I think she will outgrow the harness soon. She outgrows the harness when she reaches 40 pounds or when her shoulders reach the top harness slot.

With most combo seats, the top harness slot is higher. But the Summit top slot is not, so I also don't recommend it.

The Century Next Step (any model with a front adjuster) is fine, as is the Century Breverra Ascend, or the Graco Grand or Ultra CarGos.

You could also move her to a belt positioning booster right away, like the Komfort Kruiser. But I'd prefer to see her in a a harness, since she sounds like she fits fine.