PDA

View Full Version : Small 3 1/2 year old and 1 year old

Lynne
06-20-2002, 07:27 AM
My two girls are 3 1/2 and 10 months. The little one will soon need to move out of her infant seat into our car seat (Britax Roundabout). The 3 1/2 year old is very small for her age (under 30 pounds) and not at all close to outgrowing the Roundabout from a height perspective. I want to do whatever is the safest for her regardless of cost. Should I buy another Roundabout or can my older daughter move to the Evenflo Appollo?

tobymc
06-20-2002, 07:51 AM
Hi Lynne.

You can move your daughter to the Evenflo Apollo. It has a starting weight of 20 pounds, I think. Check it out in a store if you can and see how you like it.

As your other choice, I would not suggest buying another RA. If you go that way (if you want the same quality and features of the RA), buy a Freeway instead. It is forward facing only, and costs less. You already have a seat that does the rear facing part. The Expressway (with latch) and King also just forward face. And in fact, I'd look around for the Cosco Maxi Cosi Priori. It is a European seat that was distributed here for awhile. There are a few left, and they've been going for about $120 (http://www.babybazaar.com/xq/asp/dept_id.259/pf_id.0219-001/qx/product.htm). Folks who have them love them, often even more than their RAs. No latch, if that matters to you. None of these will turn into a booster, but the MCP has even higher slots than the RA, helping to keep your daughter in a seat until the full 40 pounds.

Lynne
06-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much. I checked out your website too. What a great site.