PDA

View Full Version : toddler car seat%2Fboosters

Juliet Peters
07-08-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi:

The only reliable recommendation I have found on a toddler car/booster seat is for a discontinued Fisher Price Model. We are in the process of buying a second seat for a second vehicle. We have a Britax roundabout, but don't want to spend the money for a second one of those puppies. Any suggestions would be helpful. He is 27 months and 32 pounds.

Thanks

tobymc
07-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Try the Evenflo Apollo. It is the only combo seat around now that has some extras, like the Grow with Me did. It has eps foam around the head area, a Memory Harness, and a few other things. Since I think that ease of use is one of the most important factors in a carseat, these "extras" often make for a safer seat.

The Cosco Summit also looks good, but watch your son's shoulders. You can try him in one in the store, but I highly suspect he'll outgrow the harness way before 40 pounds, maybe even now, so I don't recommend it. I mention it becuase aside from the top harness slot problem, it looks really good.

The Evenflo Express, or Grand or Ultra CarGos are also good. Really, any combo seat with a front harness adjuster and high top harness slots is good.