PDA

View Full Version : Husky vs. Super Elite?

10000lakesmom
08-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Hello,

My daughter is about to outgrow her Britax Expressway (a tall, 3 1/2 years and 35 pounds). I'm considering the Husky and Super Elite, but am unclear as to the differences. Is it worth the wait for the Husky? Does anyone know when the Husky will be available? Will it be widely available? I know the Super Elite is hard to come by.

Thank you.

tobymc
08-12-2002, 08:13 AM
The Husky is simply the Super Elite made with latch attachments. All seats made after September 1, 2002 must have the attachments, so Britax is converting over.

The other Britax choice is the new Marathon, a seat very similar to the Roundabout/Freeway, but taller and wider, with a top weight limit of 65 pounds. By then your child really should be 5 or so years old and be ready for the booster.

But since your child is only 35 pounds, you may want to just get her a regular combo seat. Many (all except Cosco brands) have higher harness slots than the Expressway, by about an inch. That extra height may take her to a full 40 pounds and 4 or 4 1/2 years old. I like to see kids in harnessed to at least 3 1/2 and at least 40 pounds, though age 5 or so will be a nice standard when we get these new seats that harness past 40 pounds. The Evenflo Apollo is a good one of these to check out.