PDA

View Full Version : Child Carrier Choices

jenive
09-06-2002, 08:56 PM
We live in NYC and I am looking for the "perfect" child carrier. My son is 18 mos old and currently weighs 25 pounds. I am walking and using subways quite a bit, so I need something that is as very comfortable. Has anyone used a carrier for their toddler/heavier baby? What did you like? Hate? Recommend? Any advice is welcome! Thanks so much for your help!

Brands I'm attracted to are the Infantino and Baby Trekker-mainly because they are also back-packs. What else is out there?

tobymc
09-06-2002, 09:44 PM
I assume you mean child carriers, not anything one would use in a car to protect a child.

I'm no expert, but I have always found the Kelty packs to be well worth it. I have an old one that we got for my now 8 year old, and we used it tons. Since your child is older and heavier, you'll be needing that extra support you can get in a carrier that is really a frame pack. They've really packed on the extra support features too, which I found very appealing! They've even got one that converts to a stroller.

There is another company, Madden or something like that, that also makes packs, perhaps even nicer than Kelty.

The Baby Trekker or Infantino ones might work, but I doubt they have as much support as you'll need if you're going to keep carrying this child much longer.

Try www.rei.com.