PDA

View Full Version : Britax Elite ??

IansMom04
09-24-2002, 09:04 AM
Hi
I have been hearing mention of the Britax Elite seat.. that it goes to 80 lbs.. uses a 5 pt harness and is hard to find. Is Britax still making this seat? Should I start looking for one? My son is only 17 months and is in the Roundabout.. he won't be ready for another seat for a few years (I think) and we do plan on having more kids ( I read that the Elite was huge...) so should I snap one up now or wait a few years and see what else comes out??

I guess I am just worried that when we are ready for a new seat there won't be any with the 5 pt harness up to 60+ lbs...

tobymc
09-27-2002, 01:53 PM
The Britax Super Elite does indeed go up to 80 pounds with harness. But you probably don't need it. I'd like to see all kids have the option of staying in a harnessed seat to age 4-5, when most fit well in boosters, and are able to stay in position in a booster relatively well. Some kids will fit the Roundabout that long. Some can move to a combo seat with the same 40 pound weight limit, but higher harness slots. Some can move to a Britax Marathon (to 65 pounds with harness) for that last bit. Safety Baby is coming out with the Airway, which harnesses to 50 pounds, then can be used as a booster. By the time that your little one outgrows the RA, there should be even more options!

So save your pennies and enjoy the RA for now.

IansMom04
09-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Hi Toby

Thanks for your reply and advice. I shall

Chantal