PDA

View Full Version : reclining booster seats?

Vicki Young
09-29-2002, 11:46 AM
I am looking for a second booster seat that reclines, since my daughter still will sleep in the car on long trips.

I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, daughter is 39 inches, 40 pounds.
Of course I would like a five point harness and a seat that has LATCH.

And I love the recline on our Maxi-Cosi Priori I have for my son.

I have the Cosco Summit- which is OK but the straps get tangled (unlike the Roundabout). I saw yesterday at Babies 'R Us the
Century Next Step, but couldn't get the recline button to work.

The Britax Marathon looks promising- but soes it recline?

Other suggestions

Thank you for your help

Vicki

tobymc
09-30-2002, 07:55 AM
At 40 pounds, your daughter is basically out of harnesses on most seats. If you think she should still be in a harness (you didn't give her age), then you could try the Marathon, which has the 5 point harness AND latch AND can be used ff reclined (though it has to be reinstalled that way, and is safer more upright). It probably won't last her until she's 65 pounds, as I recommend only using it until her shoulder are above the top slots. But it should last until she's 5 or so.

Otherwise, it is time to move her to a regular booster seat. If you've got the Summit, check the directions. You might be able to use that reclined in booster mode.

The Century Next Step recline is only for the harnessed mode.

Try the Graco Turbo or the Britax Starriser/comfy or the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser. All three can recline to match a reclining vehicle seat. The KK has an additional recline mode. My son has still had head flopping problems in these at 4 1/2, but some kids do fine.

Vicki Young
09-30-2002, 11:09 AM
I mistyped her weight- she is only 30 pounds at 4years old.

Thanks for your response.

Vicki

tobymc
10-03-2002, 08:53 AM
Then the harnessed combo seats are great. She may have troubles with the Summit since her shoulder may reach the top harness slot well before she reaches 40 pounds. But she can use the harness on that until then, and it does have a recline.

And the other combos, like the Next Step, work well. The NS does have a slight recline in the harnessed mode. I don't think the other combos have any recline.

Nothing is going to compare to the recline on the MCP, though, except another MCP.