PDA

View Full Version : Graco Turbo Booster

Mom_2_Alyssa
09-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Mom2Alyssa
Has anyone checked out this new booster seat? My four year old is approaching 40 lbs, and I am looking for a new booster seat for her. I saw the new Turbo in BRU today, and it looks alot like the Britax Starriser/Comfy, but is about half the price. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mom2Alyssa

tobymc
10-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Exactly. It looks a lot like the SR/C but is half the price. It is not quite as nice. If you need the extra narrow width of the SR/C (13"), then get that over the Turbo (16"). The SR/C has more recline positions to match your vehicle seat. The SR/C is deeper than the Turbo I think.

But they are very similar.

momathome
10-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Toby, with the Starriser Comfy, what exactly do you mean about recline positions? I know the top of the seat moves back and forth, but the only way to get the back of the seat to recline is to pull the base of the seat forward. Is this safe? I always thought the base of the seat needed to be against the back of the seat of the car. I would like to be able to recline this seat because when my 4 1/2 year old (39 in., 34 lbs) falls asleep in the car, she looks very uncomfortable in the seat and her head falls all over the place. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
-Lauren

tobymc
10-11-2002, 02:59 PM
The back of the SR/C or the Turbo must be flush against the seat back. But some vehicle seats recline, and the SR/C has more positions to match the vehicle recline. That is all.