PDA

View Full Version : ? on britax star cruiser

one hot mama
10-01-2002, 08:20 AM
hi all,

i went to purchase the britax star cruiser booster for my niece since i pick her up from school and saw this black strap at the back of the bottom part of the booster. i asked the baby's r us personnel what it was and they gave me the run around BIG TIME, but knowing what the tether strap and the latch stuff does, i kept asking the store manager to clarify how it could be a tether. the other woman salesperson's answer to me was that 'uh, no one ever buys that booster.' duh, of all the boosters they had, this one was ranked the best. so does anyone know what that black strap w/the small red sausage like thing is?

TIA,
cathy

momathome
10-01-2002, 08:32 AM
Do you mean the Britax Starriser Comfy? I have this booster. The strap with the plastic link attached to it is a shoulder belt adjuster that you use if you remove the top part of the booster to use it as a backless booster - it just helps to keep the belt positioned correctly. I am using this seat for my 4 1/2 year-old and we still use the back attached to the booster. It has nice head support with belt guides built into the seat and I don't think we'll be detaching it for quite a long time. This is a great booster seat!
Good luck!
-Lauren

one hot mama
10-01-2002, 09:04 AM
thanks lauren,
that makes a lot of sense. maybe you should work for bru, lol. glad to hear that you like the booster.

cathy

momathome
10-02-2002, 11:41 AM
Glad to help! BRU has nice things and decent prices, but their sales staff is sorely lacking. Several months ago, I went in there looking for highchairs. I asked a man who worked there how the Peg and the Chicco highchairs folded up and he gave me a very honest and telling answer: "I have no idea!" I was left in the aisle to figure it out for myself. If you have a Right Start Store near you, they tend to be much more helpful and carry the full line of Britax products. Good luck!
-Lauren

11-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to add, that the BRU staff in W. Palm Beach, was extremely helpful to me, so I think it depends on the area. I am typically not one to come to the defense of big stores; however, I think...as in the case with most stores, You will find some assistants with great knowledge and others ....well ya know.....not too bright. Also, I don't have a Right Start store near me, so competition may be lacking. Good Luck.